1964-1965 Hill Hockey
State Catholic Tournament 2nd Place
Central Catholic Conference Co-Champion
- In the school's best season of the '60s, Hill went 8-2 in the CCC to share the title with St. Agnes and posted a 20-3-2 record overall. Hill took a 17 game winning streak into the State Catholic Tournament championship game, where they lost in double overtime to northern powerhouse Duluth Cathedral (now Duluth Marshall).
- The State Catholic Tournament replaced the Minnesota Prep School Tournament, which had run for 16 years. The top six CCC teams, along with Duluth Cathedral and Crookston Cathedral, comprised the field. Duluth Cathedral would go on to win the tournament each of the five years it was held.
- Following the Catholic Tournament, Hill played Blake at Williams (later renamed Mariucci) Arena for the Twin City Private School Championship. The game ended in a 0-0 tie; in goal for Blake was future U.S. Senator and Governor Mark Dayton.
- John Boland became Hill's second head coach, succeeding Ward Schuster.
- Bill Klatt went on to become the school's first D1 college and professional hockey player. Klatt played at the University of Minnesota, where he was team captain in 1969 and led the WCHA in scoring in 1968 and 1969. He also played for the Minnesota Fighting Saints of the WHA from 1972-1974, scoring 50 goals in two seasons.
|12/18||St. Paul Academy||9-2||W||Aldrich|
|12/20||St. Thomas Academy*||7-0||W||Aldrich|
|12/22||Duluth Cathedral||4-1||W||Duluth Cathedral H.S.|
|12/23||Duluth Morgan Park||2-2||T (OT)||Duluth Curling Club|
|12/30||White Bear Lake||3-2||W||Aldrich|
|1/1||Mpls. Patrick Henry||2-1||W||Aldrich|
|1/3||De La Salle*||7-1||W||Aldrich|
|1/8||St. Paul Academy||8-0||W||Aldrich|
|1/14||Mpls. Edison||6-2||W||Hill High School|
|1/22||Simley||7-0||W||Hill High School|
|1/23||St. Bernard's||5-0||W||Hill High School|
|1/24||St. Thomas Academy*||9-3||W||Aldrich|
|1/25||Minnehaha Academy||7-1||W||Hill High School|
|2/2||St. Bernard's||5-2||W||St. Bernard's H.S.|
|2/7||De La Salle*||7-1||W||Minneapolis Arena|
|State Catholic Tournament|
|2/11||St. Bernard's||4-1||W||Wakota Arena|
|2/12||St. Thomas Academy||9-2||W||Wakota Arena|
|2/14||Duluth Cathedral||2-3||L (2OT)||Wakota Arena|
|Twin Cities Private School Championship|
Final Record 20-3-2
Coach: John Boland
|2||Jack Reif (C)||G||12|
|6||Dennis Grabowski (C)||D||12|
All tournament team: Jack Reif, Dennis Sullivan, Bill Klatt
Copyright 1999-2023 hmpioneers.net